washed locks, TdF, and some FOs

>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A list of three beautiful things to share today:

1. Washed locks from my Shetland fleece. I'm about halfway done it, thanks to weeks of unending rain, but I'm getting there. I ordered some Indigo Hound Viking combs and am trying to stretch out the fleece washing until they get here. The washed lock is on the right, the unwashed is on the left.
2. I've decided to join the Tour de Fleece challenge on Ravelry. The task? To spin every day of the Tour de France which runs from July 4 to the 26th. I've chosen to focus on my spinning WIPS so that I can add more to the FO pile. This should also clear up my stash for when I get my spinning wheel (sometime this fall). My first fiber WIP I'll finish is this 2 ounce braid of 100% silk from dyeingforcolor on Etsy:
3. Finally, here's the finished skein of June's SAL fiber from CJ Kopec Creations. It's BFL, colorway "emerge". I navajo plyed it in order to get a three-ply that didn't have muddied colors. The pic is terrible, but the yarn is fabulous:

1 comments:

Carmen Aug 14, 2009, 2:42:00 PM  

That yarn looks amazing!

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP