>> Thursday, December 3, 2009
Yesterday I finished my latest spinning project. It's another winner from CJKopecCreations on Etsy. It is 4 ounces of merino, colorway "hollyberry":
Her pic of the fiber:
The four ounces arrives in three separate bundles. I laid each one out in its batt form, peeled off each color in order and spun it thinly, with lots of twist. When finished, I had three bobbins of singles with a color sequence of wine, mushroom, green, wine, mushroom, green. I plied the three bobbins together, after winding them into balls:
I plied very tightly (it was an unbalanced yarn) because I like the look of tight plies better than balanced ones. I tried to take a few pics before soaking it, but they didn't come out so great. Here's the best one:
The colors did exactly what I wanted them to for the first color repeat. The second repeat was more mixed, but I'm perfectly okay with fraternal twin skeins. I'll post better pics once the yarn is dry. I'm just so so so happy with the way it came out!