Llary the Llama!

>> Friday, April 10, 2009


This is Llary the Llama, led by my cousin Henry. I am in discussion with Henry's mother to purchase Llary the Llama's fleece this spring. Look at how beautiful and WHITE it is! I have no idea what kind of quality the fleece is (I will meet Llary the Llama in about a week), but even if his fleece can't be used for next-to-the-skin projects, I will still have an entire llama fleece to dye and spin. I. Cannot. Fickin'. Wait.

Of course, I haven't actually been told I can HAVE the fleece yet. I did offer to knit Henry and his sisters nice llama mittens, though. I'm hoping that will convince Henry's mother Carly. I already have a fiber processor picked out to remove the guard hairs and process the fleece into roving so I can dye and spin it more effectively. Once I get the fleece, weigh it, and contact the processor, I'll know more. It'll probably a month before I'll have an update, but I seriously can't wait. I'll take pics of Llary next week to share and should be able to tell you then if the fleece will be mine or not. Squee!

3 comments:

Anonymous Apr 10, 2009, 10:50:00 AM  

The white fleece is beautiful. I hope you get it.

I have a fear of Llama's since the day one SPIT at me. Of course, I didn't take it personal.

I know you will create beautiful projects. Keeping my fingers crossed!
XXXXXXXXXX

Unknown Apr 18, 2009, 4:38:00 PM  

Good luck! That big guy looks gorgeous!

Carmen Apr 23, 2009, 11:12:00 AM  

I want him.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP