Spinning Quasi-FO

>> Monday, April 6, 2009

I participated in Copy Kopec's March Spin-along. I chose to spin 4 ounces of "inquiry" - a 100% merino blend of lime green, black, navy blue, hot pink and orange. I got through 2.5 ounces of the fiber in the month period. Less than I wanted, but still pretty good. Since I couldn't do the stright three-ply I wanted with only two of the three rovings spun, I navajo-plied the singles I had and came up with this:


In the 2.5 ounces there are 204 yards at 16 wpi, which works out to 1,300 ypp. If I spin the rest the same as this, that makes about 326 yards of yarn. I do not know what I will make out of this yarn yet - it looks like it'd make a funky pair of socks, but I don't think I'll have enough yarn for that. Maybe if I do them toe-up and make ankle socks? Hmm. Things to think about, anyway.

My choice for April's spin-along is 4 ounces of Coby's "Midnight Desire" colorway - 100% corriedale in shade of lavendar, eggplant, and black. Here's her picture of the fiber:


I would like very much to spin this thicker than last month's, and ply it with a crocheted silver thread. I want to single crochet it so it's a bit thicker and will be more visible against the dark fiber. I've sent an email to Coby to ask if this is "allowed" per the rules of the contest. I'll do it anyway, it will just mean that I can't win for that month if it isn't permissable. I'm really excited about it, actually, and think it will take next to no time to complete since I'm not concentrating on making it super thin and even. I am hoping to pick up the thread on Wednesday to get started on that.

What are you spinning this month?

2 comments:

Carmen Apr 6, 2009, 4:03:00 PM  

Excellent...great yardage.

Opal Apr 9, 2009, 3:27:00 PM  

your inquiry is just gorgeous! congrats on the win.

i picked up some midnight desire too and i just finished spinning it. i'm leaving it as a single. i hope it doesn't fall apart on me! *L*

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP