What's on the Needles?

>> Saturday, December 20, 2008

Like many knitters, I have a plethora of projects on my needles. My husband thinks I often have too many. "Are you ever going to finish that sweater?" he'll ask. Of course I am! There are just so many other projects I want to work on, too. Thanks to Ravelry, I have at my fingertips an inexhaustible source of tempting things to knit. Here's what I'm working on at the moment (with Ravelry links):

1. Trigger Finger Mittens. The pattern is a modified "soldier's gauntlet" by Halcyon Yarns. In my house they are called trigger finger mittens. They are regular mittens with a separate space for the index finger so that you can use it to pull the trigger on a gun. The florescent orange acrylic yarn speaks for itself in that context, I think. I knit this pair for my husband as a test of the pattern; I have to make my father a pair before Christmas. Thankfully one mitten only takes a couple of hours to knit.



2. Entrelac Scarf. I've credited the pattern to Allison LoCicero, because it was the closest I could find to what I am doing (and knit with Noro!), but anything entrelac is basically the same. I have modified the pattern to suit the yarn, as I'm using thinner yarn than Allison did. This scarf (knit on size two needles) is going to take years to complete. It's my knit group project - that way I can dedicate at least an hour a week to it.


3. Cabled Pullover with Hood. Pattern by Patons. This sweater has been OTN (on the needles) for over a year already. Like the mittens, it's acrylic - but it's a very soft mohair look acrylic by lionbrand. I swatched before I knit and got gauge, but this sweater is going to be enormous. I started it last year when I was thirty pounds heavier. I wanted something that fit loosely (this sweater has no shaping). I'm going to get my wish; I'm going to be able to swim in this thing! I will have to finish it and see how it looks before I decide whether I'm going to keep it or not. It was my first attempt at cabling and reading charts, so there are a ton of visible mistakes in it. Despite all that, I kinda like it. I still have the rest of the back, both sleeves, and hood to knit, plus seaming.


Next week I'll post some of my finished objects. Feel free to click on the links and view my Ravelry page. If you don't have Ravelry, what are you waiting for?? Request your invitation today!
Also - you can always click on these pictures to make them larger so you can see better. What does the Harlot call it? Em-biggening?

0 comments:

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP