The Giant List of Intent

>> Friday, March 13, 2009

Like many knitters, I have more projects in my "to do" list than I will probably ever have in my "done" list. My Ravelry queue is filled with projects - some for others, many for me. Every time I finish a knitted item (which is very rarely, since I suffer from startitis), I look around for a new project or two to begin. Here is my list (with Ravelry links) of things I'd like to knit once I finish the Scarf of Incessent Cables. The list isn't in a specific order except that I have tried to list projects I already have yarn for first.

  1. Girasole. This looks so beautiful! Everyone who has done the project has said the pattern is both fun to knit and easy to follow. My father brings me skeins of natural sheep's wool that he finds on his travels, so I have all the yarn I could possibly want for this project. I would probably have to buy a 60" cable for my Knit Picks Options needles, but that's only about $4. A blanket that size for such a small price? Fabulous! I do wonder, though, if it's too big a project. I'm the girl that's been knittitng the same sweater for a year and a half. Maybe this one will wait until I'm done the sweater. One everlasting gobstopper of a project at a time.
  2. Elephante. This is for a friend's daughter. The yarn is the same that I knit the Saartje's Bootees in (but I didn't use much yarn for that tiny project). Caitlin, the intended recipient, has a rare autoimmune disorder, so I've purchased bamboo fiber for the stuffing, since it has natural antiseptic qualities.
  3. Toe up socks. This one is super close to my heart, since I will be using my own handspun for the first time. I still have about an ounce left to spin and ply, then will be starting some socks. I've never done toe-up, but want to be able to guage my yard-usage so I have two complete socks. I also would like to try two-at-a-time socks for the same reason. Am I taking on too much with this project? Probably.
  4. Trigger Finger Mitten #2. I made one for my daddy. I just have to make the other one. Preferably before the next hunting season arrives in November.
  5. A "tightly knit hat" for my husband. He wants a hat knit on very small needles so it's wind resistant. He rarely asks for knit objects, so I'd like to be able to do it for him. The question is which yarn/needle combination? I have no answers to this one yet.
  6. Penis chapstick cozy. Why not? I spun some samples of shetland fiber that I think would be perfect for this.
  7. Rogue, with a tree of life pattern on the back. A friend fron Knit Group may get me a discount on some Peace Fleece for this; another friend and I may do a knit-a-long for it.
  8. A shawl. Icarus, Aeolian, Swallowtail, Shipwreck, Laminaria ... I have no idea which one I want to knit (I'm leaning towards Icarus because it looks easy-ish). I do not have yarn for this, although I have enough black 100% merino to spin it up. On a spindle, though, it may take a while!
  9. Vivian. I love, love, love, the look of this sweater. Plus it's in bulky weight so I may actually get it done in a single year! No yarn for it, though, and don't know what I would choose to knit it with, either.
  10. Quickie Cowl. I'd like to use the yarn I made from my Loop fiber for this - it's a wool, alpaca, bamboo blend that would feel awesome around my neck. I'm not sure if I have enough yardage, though. Hmmm.
Sorry for all the Ravelry links - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the designer's photos on my blog to show you what they all look like (I bet the answer would be no, anyway). I wonder - do other people have queues like this? I don't know how anyone ever finishes any knitting projects with so many great ones still to be begun.

Did I miss anything? Put the link in my comments - you KNOW I need to add to this list!

2 comments:

Yarn Tails Mar 13, 2009, 8:06:00 PM  

Great List!!

I want to make a sock monkey and a knitted teddy bear. Have the patterns for the teddy bear and almost bought a sock monkey kit at the yarn store today.

Unknown Mar 13, 2009, 9:51:00 PM  

You've got some great ones there, but it is such a short list compared to mine.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP