Spinning Sunday, a day early and late.

>> Monday, March 2, 2009

I usually set aside some time on Sunday to spin, even if it's only for a short time. I was unable to this past Sunday, but since I knew what my schedule was going to look like I decided to spin on Saturday instead. But what to spin? I have 7oz or so of Ashland Bay merino to spin, an ounce of CJKopec Creations' merino/colonial blend to spin (the last of the "pumpkin cappuccino" colorway I bought from her in October) and two 4oz. bundles of natural Shetland from Windswept Farms. I wavered indecisively for a while, and decided that I should distract myself with the day's mail before I made up my mind.

Boy am I glad I did! Brandy from Yarn Tails had sent me a ginormous box filled with natural chocolate and cafe au lait rolags of BFL (blue faced leiscter). I've not yet spun BFL and squealed with delight when I stuck my hands into the fiber mass and squeezed. It was SO soft, SO fluffy, so WONDERFUL! I immediately grabbed an empty spindle and started spinning. The rolags make for an exceptionally fluffy spin - they draft like warm butter. I'm going to alternate the light and dark colors and navajo ply it so it becomes a striping yarn. I cannot thank Brandy enough for her generous gift. I'm definitely a BFL believer!



In other news, I am signed up to take part in Coby Kopec's first spin-a-long. She has twenty new blends in her shop and chose two gorgeous colorways to pick from for the month's spinning challenge. I chose 4 oz. of "inquiry" and will post Coby's picture here. It should be mailed some time this week. I can't wait to start spinning that, too! I hope to get one or two spinning projects finished in that time (most notably the rest of her "pumpkin cappuccino"). I'll be spinning a lot in the next few weeks.

Finally, I am halfway done a knitting project that is almost too cute for words. I'm making a pair of Saartje's Baby Bootees for a friend who is having a baby girl in May. One bootee is complete except for buttons. Isn't it adorable?

1 comments:

Carmen Mar 2, 2009, 10:30:00 AM  

Look at all that great fibre. Enjoy your day of spinning today.

Slipper is just too cute.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP