>> Wednesday, March 18, 2009
I've been working hard to get my fiber from CJKopec spun for her March spin-a-long. I thought I was only 1/4 done with it, but it turns out I'm about 1/3. I unloaded the first single from my spindle last night. I tried winding it onto my ball winder, but it looked like a cocoon from "Killer Clowns from Outer Space":
and I couldn't figure out why:
Athough the bottom of it looked kind of cool:
Then I realized that I hadn't used the yarn guide. D'oh! So I took the cocoon off of the winder, stuck it in a box with a size 15 wooden needle through it:
and wound it again. The second attempt was much better:
Once that was done, I took the next strip of roving apart - first by color, then by dividing each color into four equal parts:
I start spinning it today. I am *hoping* to have this strip done in about a week which will give me about ten days to spin the third section, ply all three together, wash the skein and take photos of the finished project. I can't WAIT to see how it turns out!