It's HERE! Hooray!

>> Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yesterday in the mail I received my fiber from CJKopec Creations for the March spin-along. It is 4 oz. of merino, colorway "Inquiry". Here it is:


It is very bright and very colorful, and totally different than colors I usually spin (which is why I chose it). Here is Briggs investigating my newest acquisition:

While I was waiting for the fiber to arrive, I thought a lot about how I am going to spin it. Originally I thought I would navajo ply it, but I think I will do a straight three ply instead. Or maybe a two ply. I think plying from two bobbins will make the color shifts a bit more gradual than navajo plying will do. I've separated out each color and broken it into equal parts so that each color is spun by itself in order. Of course, with spindle spinning being an arbitrary beast at best, I'm thinking that I won't get exactly the same yardage out of each color. By plying multiple strands together, I should get a beautiful and gradual color shift. Right? I'm not really sure. The fiber will have to tell me how it wants to be spun and plyed, I guess. I'm through one color repeat so far, and have about 15 more to go. Here's the spindle I'm using, a 7/8oz. bird's eye maple spindle my husband made for me:


Progress pics soon.

3 comments:

CJ Kopec Creations Mar 11, 2009, 9:35:00 AM  

I can not wait to see how it turns out. Thank you so much for participating in the spin a long.
Take care and happy spinning!
Coby

Anonymous Mar 11, 2009, 11:07:00 PM  

Beautiful colors. You amaze me with your talent. Make sure you show the final product.
XXXXXX

Unknown Mar 13, 2009, 7:40:00 PM  

That fiber looks amazing. I will look forward to seeing your final product!

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP