A tangle of gifts

>> Friday, March 6, 2009

Via plurk and Ravelry, I have become friends with some of the most amazing women. One woman introduced me to spinning by sending me one of her spindles and three bundles of fiber. Just because. Without ever having met me in real life. Becuase of Lori I have discovered a new love. I owe her so much more than gratitude. But Lori's generosity doesn't end there. I purchased some black merino from her last week and in the mail yesterday I got this:

The four braids of black merino I'd purchased plus an entire braid of beautifully dyed 100% silk roving from Enchanted Knoll Farms. It is gorgeous! She is such a wonderful friend. She sent it to me because she knows I haven't spun silk yet. I will be returning her original spindle to her this week or next and am trying to come up with suitable goodies to put in her box. I'm afraid I won't even come close.

I have another friend I've met via plurk. Brandy sent me nearly three ounces of BFL rolags she hand carded herself because she knew I hadn't spun BFL yet. I continuously squee over the softness and fluffiness of the fiber she sent me. I spun up and plied a miniskein of it (approx.41 yards) and took a picture. Isn't it adorable?

She, too, needs a suitable thank you gift. I am working on it.

One of my favorite Plurk ladies, an amazing fiber artist named Coby, offered to GIVE me free of charge, one of her custom blended rovings so that I may participate in her new spin-a-long (my finances are incredibly tight right now). Coby sells her creations for a living; her generosity and sweetness go above and beyond time and again.

To all of the wonderful ladies who have given me gifts beyond measure, thank you. To the ladies on Plurk and Ravelry that keep me laughing each day (especially Carmen), thank you. Your friendship and generosity mean more to me than I can properly express.


Because all this sappy gratefullness gets cloying, I thought I'd leave you with an image of what I've been working on for several days. It's 200yds of cotton chenille that came apart from the neat skein I bought it in. I've been trying to wind it into a center-pull ball:

5 comments:

Carmen Mar 6, 2009, 12:53:00 PM  

I haven't given you a thing.....I don't easily part with fibre....

There is an amazing generosity in the fibre community. I'm glad you have been the recipient of some rolags, rovings and spinning accessories of the trade.

Heather Mar 6, 2009, 12:58:00 PM  

You give me laughter and plenty of chances to ogle fibery goodness! Don't sell your gifts short.

Fleecenik Farm Mar 6, 2009, 3:13:00 PM  

Do you know the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his noodley appendage...that chenille reminds me of him...

See you MOnday evening? ( Barring any tornadoes, hurricanes or 100 year snow storms)

Karin

Lori Mar 7, 2009, 2:01:00 PM  

Aw shucks, you've given plenty in return. Just check your soggy shoulder if you're in doubt :D

Yarn Tails Mar 12, 2009, 11:43:00 PM  

You are more than welcome. I do believe in being nice to people and sharing is caring. I love to share, just ask my daughter! ;)

That BFL is lovely. I cant wait to spin what I have up!

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP