The Craft Room Diary, Post #1

>> Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My husband Bear is a remarkable man. I know this because instead of sitting on his butt watching tv this month (he's been temporarily laid off), he has decided to redecorate my craft room. Anything I want, everything I want, I'm going to get. The next several posts will focus on the changes being made in that room.

First, some background. My craft room is at the top of the stairs, next to our bedroom. The room is L-shaped and unusable as a bedroom because of this. It gets sun from both windows, so no matter what time of day, it is filled with beautiful light. This is a good thing, because the room has all of its original wood paneling intact, and the light fixture is a frosted glass square from the 1970's. The floor is linoleum that was designed to handle Bear's grandmother's winter gardening. The best feature of the room is the bright orange curtains, also circa 1970. I give you the Before:




Until now, this room has largely been storage for my yarn and spinning supplies. It hasn't been a space I can work in because it is so dark and unwieldy. The floor is cold on my feet, I have to have artificial light even with the sunshine because the paneling absorbs all the light and leaves none for me to work with. The chair and sewing table I had in their were the wrong size and awkward heights.

All of that is changing.

In Progress Pics tomorrow!

2 comments:

Carmen Jan 27, 2009, 11:22:00 AM  

Now this will be a fun transformation to watch.

CJ Kopec Creations Jan 28, 2009, 8:09:00 AM  

Yay! I am so glad that he is able to do that for you. I can't wait to see it evolve.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP