WIP & FO Update

>> Monday, January 5, 2009

Since New Year's Day, I have both completed an object and begun a new one. I love the space of time in between projects; the days where you can simultaneously enjoy the satisfaction of a new finished object while building anticipation of starting a new one. There are times I know exactly what my next project will be and other times when I search through my books and Ravelry, looking for something to catch my fancy. This time I knew that I wanted to knit a scarf for my friend Deedle's birthday, but hadn't found quite the right pattern. Last week while browsing Ravelry, the right pattern jumped out at me and I knew instantly that it was the right pattern for my beloved Deedles.

The finished object was quite the labor of love. I began it in July for my sister-in-law. It was a wrap to be worn with her wedding dress. She and my brother were traveling from Arizona to Maine for an outdoor October wedding, and I thought she'd need the wrap. Only I couldn't get it completed in time for the wedding. I didn't finish weaving in the ends until New Year's Eve, actually, about an hour before they arrived to ring in the new year. The pattern was Michaela, from Berroco; the yarn was shine worsted from Knit Picks in "hollyberry".



The color is most accurate in the third picture.

Tara loved the wrap, despite its being wholly useless now. I should probably mention that she is a fantastic sister-in-law, and I will keep her over my brother any day. :)

I do not have any in-progress pics of the new scarf to share, but I can tell you that it is the Plaited Cable Scarf and that I'm knitting it with Caron Simply Soft Eco in "greenfields." Here's a pic from the Ravelry Pattern Page to give you an idea:


1 comments:

Carmen Jan 6, 2009, 7:37:00 AM  

I envy you the "space" between projects. Makes me a little jealous.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP