Project Bag and Update

>> Thursday, January 8, 2009

In knitting, as in life, one should keep one's eyes peeled. Doing this netted me not one but TWO beautiful project bags!
I was at Dunkin Donuts, ordering my once-weekly breakfast of a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich (on a croissant) with hot coffee (skim milk, two splenda, caramel swirl), when I chanced to look to my left. There on a table was a bunch of clearance DD merchandise.

That's when I saw it.

There, amidst the cheesy donut-with-one-bite-missing ornaments and tacky holiday gift card tins, were two darling orange drawstring bags with silk snowflake liners. Hmmm, I thought. Those look like they would be perfect bags for my knitting. At the very least, they'd be better than the crappy plastic Hannaford bag I've been using. I reached out and flipped the price tag over. $4.99, down from $9.99. That's a pretty good deal, I said to myself. There was a piece of paper underneath the closest bag, so I pulled it out. "Buy one, get one FREE!!" it said. Well shit, it'd be stupid not to get two! So I did. Here they are:



Aren't they the cutest things? I was so happy with them that as soon as I got to school, I put my Plaited Cable Scarf in one. Here's the scarf in the bag:



And here's the scarf laid out (since I haven't shared pictures before now):



It's kind of hard to see the cables in this pic (sorry about that). As always, if you click the pics, you'll see them bigger.


2 comments:

Lisa Jan 8, 2009, 9:23:00 AM  

Good thinking! Hmmm I wonder where the closest Dunkin Donuts is........

Carmen Jan 8, 2009, 9:17:00 PM  

A DD bag....how fantastic and the scarf is looking wonderful. BTW, I like your project slideshow. Nice touch.

10kH is here for now. Hush.


Get a Stopwatch like this or make your own! At: Online Stopwatch

  © Blogger template Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP